Milind Vishwas Sathe runs Indiaart Gallery, an art gallery which promotes artists, sculptors, photographers as well as child and young artists. He set up Art India Foundation, a public charitable trust, which focuses on social initiatives and projects for children and young adults
Milind did his graduation in Electrical Engineering from Delhi College of Engineering University of Delhi and Post Graduation in Business Management from Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, University of Pune. Prior to graduation, Milind completed his schooling at Jnana Prabodhini Prashala, Pune and junior college at Fergusson College, Pune
His active interests include travel, photography, cycling, history and media. Detailed information is available on his website www.milind-sathe.com
Artist Statement :
- To create insightful photo essays to highlight and document themes close to my heart. I have been working on my chosen themes on a long term basis.
- To contribute to spreading the visual culture with photography as an important tool.
- To contribute to social causes and projects by way of highlighting their work as well as donating part of the earnings to such causes and projects.
Milind has been shooting for more than 20 years and continues to shoot several themes which include :
- Heritage (Built as well as Cultural)
Photo Features and Articles :
Milind’s photographs and articles related to photography have been published in :
- “Sakal”, leading Marathi daily in Maharashtra
- “Saptahik Sakal”, leading Marathi weekly in Maharashtra
- “Sportsworld”, leading English sports weekly
Milind writes a photo blog
Photography Exhibitions :
- 2016 : Nehru Centre, Worli, Mumbai (Main Gallery)
- 2015 : Display at PYC Hindu Gymkhana, Pune
- Milind has curated and organised several photography exhibitions
Milind’s photo prints are in the collection of several individual collectors in Pune, Mumbai, New Delhi, Bangalore as well as with collectors in the U.S. and New Zealand.