Born 1952. Graduated from Govt. College of Art & Craft, Kolkata.
Formerly Senior Fellow, Dept. of Human Resources, Govt. of India.
Founder Member and Secretary of “Calcutta Sculptors”. Recipient of
many awards and scholarships including Governor’s Gold Medal, Academy
of Fine Arts, Kolkata, Rabindra Bharati University and State Lalit
Kala Academy, M.P.
Eleven Solo and Eight Joint Exhibitions at Kolkata, Mumbai, Bangalore,
Hyderabad and Santiniketan. 50 Group shows and more than 34 giant
installations spread all over India, sizes ranging from 10 to 55 ft.
height for NTPC, SAIL, IFFCO, State and Central Govt. organisations.
Founder of Sculpture Gallery, Kolkata. Participated in several
workshops and camps in India and abroad including Ramkinkar Baij
Centenary, Bronze casting camp organised by Lalit Kala Akademi and
Kala Bhavan, Santiniketan. Tour and Talk on “Indian Sculpture
Contemporary Scene” in European countries organised by ICCR in 1999.
Born 1959. Mainly works in bronze. Member of Calcutta Sculptors. Vast
experience in construction of giant sculptures. Member of Calcutta
Participated in several Group Shows :
Kolkata : Chitrakoot Art Gallery, Academy of Fine Arts, Chemould Art
Gallery, Birla Academy of Art & Culture, Emami Chisel Gallery,
Metropolitan Art Salon, Vikalpa Art Shop, Sculpture Gallery, Masters
Collection Art Gallery, Weavers Studio Centre, Mirage Art Gallery,
Ashutosh Memorial Library, Open Air Sculptures Show organised by
Calcutta Port Trust & Town Hall
New Delhi : Lalit Kala Academy, Lokayat Art Gallery, PHD House, India
Habitat Centre, Art Konsult
Mumbai : Bajaj Art Gallery, Jehangir Art Gallery, Point of View,
Artists Centre, Art for Concern
Hyderabad : Chitramayee State Gallery of Art
Solo show at Academy of Fine Arts, Kolkata in 2009
Somnath Chakraborty (Born : 1959). B.V.A. from Govt. College of Arts
& Crafts in Sculpture under Calcutta University in 1986. Solo Shows
at Academy of Fine Arts in 2005 and 2014 and at Jehangir Art Gallery,
Mumbai in 2011.
Group Shows :
Calcutta Sculptors at Academy of Fine Arts, Kolkata -
2009 & 2015, Rajya Charukala Pradarshani - 1986, Four Man Show at
Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai - 2000 & 2004, Nehru Centre, Mumbai -
2001, Birla Academy, Kolkata - 2002 & 2016, Group Shows at Sculpture
Gallery, Kolkata - 2009 & 2011
Raja Ram Fund Scholarship, Kolkata 1983-84. Annual
Exhibition, Govt. College of Arts & Crafts 1985. Rajya Charukala
Pradarshani, First Prize in Sculpture, Govt. of West Bengal 1986. J.
K. Mukherjee Memorial Medal, Indian of Oriental Art, Annual
Exhibition, Kolkata 1986.
Dinesh Singh Khundrakpam is a Mumbai based sculptor who originally
hails from Bishnupur, Manipur. He is a graduate in sculpture from
Indira Kala Sangeet University, Khairagarh, Chattisgarh. Fascinated by
art from a tender age, Dinesh works with various materials but chooses
and believes that speciality lies in metal. He has eight Solo shows,
eighteen Group shows, nine Selection shows and ten Sponsored shows to
At New York, Mumbai, Delhi, Nigeria. Art tour to
Barcelona, Paris and Milan in 2013 . Attended workshop and exhibition
of artist Ron Moeck at Paris.
Born 1967. Graduation from Burdwan University (West Bengal).
5 years Diploma and 2 years Advance Diploma in Fine Arts from Kalabhavana,
Visva Bharati University, Santiniketan.
Faculty at Govt. College of
Art & Craft, Kolkata.
- 2015 : Solo Show at Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi
- 2015 : International Biennale Exhibition, Beijing
- 2015, 2011, 2008 : International Triennial Exhibition, Bangkok, Thailand
- 2008, 2000 : National Exhibition, Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi
- 1998 : Duel Exhibition at Gallery 88, Calcutta
- Harmony show, Mumbai
- All India Fine Art & Craft Society’s Annual Exhibition, Kolkata & Delhi
- All India Annual Exhibition of Academy of Fine Arts, Kolkata
- All India Annual Exhibition of Birla Academy of Art & Culture, Kolkata
- 21st All India Annual Exhibition S.C.Z.C.C., Nagpur
- Art of Santiniketan Show by Indiaart Gallery, Pune
- All India Annual Exhibition of State Academy, Govt. of West Bengal
- Annual Exhibition of of Indian Society of Oriental Art, Calcutta
- All India Annual Exhibition of Bombay Art Society, Mumbai
- Endangered Earth, an exhibition at Aakriti Art Gallery, Kolkata
- Six Seasons, an exhibition of paintings at Images & Beyond Art Gallery, Kolkata
- Yesterday-Today-Tomorrow, an exhibition organised by Times of India, Kolkata
- Group Shows at Kolkata by Jagriti Art Initiative
- Exhibition at Mumbai of Select Artists of Bengal by Gallery La Mere, Kolkata
- Several other group shows Mumbai, Pune, Goa, Delhi, Chandigarh, Bangalore, Kolkata
Art Camps & Workshops :
- 2015 : All India level Bronze sculpture camp organised by Birla Academy of Art & Culture, Kolkata
- 2007 : Terracotta Camp organised by Dept. of Information & Culture, Govt. of West Bengal
- 2003 : Painting workshop at Aurodhan Art Gallery, Pondicherry
- 2015 : Bombay Art Society Award - Best Award in Drawing
- 2015 : Merit Award from Royal Akademi of India, Gulbarga, Karnataka
- 2012 : AIFACS Award (National Level)
- 2007 : AIFACS Award (National Level)
- 2006 : AIFACS Award (State Level) (Drawing)
- 2006 : Merit Certificate, All India Annual Exhibition, Academy of Fine Arts, Kolkata
- 2002 : AIFACS Award (State Level) (Sculpture)
- 1996, 1995 : Junior Fellowship of Govt. of India
- 1989 to 1996 : Merit scholarship from Kala Bhavana