Art in the time of Corona
Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is possibly the biggest threat to humankind in recent history. Many cities, regions and countries are in a state of lockdown. In India, the Prime Minister declared a complete national lockdown from the midnight of 24th March 2020. While we remain in our homes totally locked down, we cannot allow ourselves to be overwhelmed by fear and panic due to coronavirus. We will need to take the COVID-19 challenge head on. LET US DO ART. We will spread hope and positivity. What better way to drive away our fears and anxieties these troubled times. This initiative has been supported by Finolex Industries and Mukul Madhav Foundation.
Create Art – Let us spread hope and positivity through creativity
Engage in artistic creation of any kind. Create art. It could be :
- A doodle, sketch, drawing, painting, digital art. Use any medium or tools available to you – pencil, ballpen, ink pen, oil pastels, watercolours, acrylic colours, oil colours
- Craft using paper or any other material available to you
- Work of embroidery, knitting, crochet, art on fabric
- Origami, paper sculpture, sculptures using other materials, installations
- Anything else you can think of
We will publish select artworks from the Art during Lockdown
We will publish and promote select artworks on our following pages / platforms :
- Indiaart on facebook
- Khula Aasmaan on facebook
- Indiaart on instagram
- Khula Aasmaan on instagram
- Indiaart on twitter
- Khula Aasmaan on twitter
When the lockdown period ends, we will create a special online exhibition of select artworks on Indiaart and also release a video highlighting the artworks and the creators on our YouTube channel and Vimeo channel.
Who can participate
- Open to all. Children, students, parents, artists and anyone who wants to support and be part of the idea of spreading hope and positivity through creativity. No age limit.
- Submission open 24 x 7.
- Free entry.
Khula Aasmaan conducts art competitions and creates educational content in art and science for children and college students. Khula Aasmaan encourages the children and young adults to think independently and express themselves.