Milind Vishwas Sathe, known as an art promoter and gallerist, presented his solo photography exhibition titled “Call of the Hills” at Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai in December 2016. In this photo exhibition, Milind showcased pictures from hills - the mountain ranges, life in the hills and the people who live in these regions.
Brief profile of Milind Sathe
Milind V. Sathe runs Indiaart. He is also the founder and trustee of Art India Foundation. Apart from his involvement with Indiaart and Art India Foundation, Milind has been a passionate photographer for several years
Artist Statement :
- To create insightful photo essays to highlight and document themes close to my heart. I have been working on my chosen themes on a long term basis.
- To contribute to spreading the visual culture with photography as an important tool.
- To contribute to social causes and projects by way of highlighting their work as well as donating part of the earnings to such causes and projects.
Milind’s photography blog : My pictures with their little stories
Photography Exhibitions :
- 2016 : Nehru Centre, Worli, Mumbai (Main Gallery) : This solo photo exhibition was a fundraiser for Nana Palkar Smriti Samiti who provide subsidised accommodation to cancer patients who come over to Mumbai for treatment.
- 2015 : Display at PYC Hindu Gymkhana, Pune
- Milind has curated and organised several photography exhibitions.
Milind’s photo prints are in the collection of several individual collectors in Pune, Mumbai, New Delhi, Bangalore as well as with collectors in the U.S. and New Zealand.