You are here Artists Pradnya Shah
Women and dance theme paintings by Pradnya Shah
Pradnya Shah’s abstract paintings use surreal imagery combined with musical elements and classical mix of dance form, modern and natural arts
Daughter of Three Rashtrapati award winner (Hindi Sahitya) Father, Dr. M. B. Shah. and Mother, light music Singer Rajashri Shah.
I grew up in an artistic family. Influenced both my mom and dad. I love nature and its views. Their beauty touches my heart in a way. I cannot live without that. The beauty I see in the world is inspiring and real.
I have chartered for myself a strong identity within the community of abstract art, right from childhood. My inclination towards fine art and the drive within me to excel amongst my peers has put me on a platform where challenges have become a part of my life.
With strong will power and creative exuberance, I have now ventured into the field of abstract paintings as a reflection of the classical mix of the dance form, modern and natural arts.
My style has evolved from formal realism, using acrylic and oil paints to depict people and common objects of a more painterly style using a wider array of colour.
Currently, my abstract painting consists of surreal imagery combined with musical compositional elements. I use mixed media acrylic and oil painting to enhance the visual and textural aspects of my painting.
I paint daily and involve myself in various art related activities.
Finally, I believe art to be a very powerful form of a self-expression. I like music, literature, and historical research. Art offers boundless opportunities for creativity. Indeed, art represents the pinnacle of humanity.
Bachelor of Fine Art (B.F.A) in Illustration
- Indecomm Global Services (India) private Limited. (Former Brainvisa Technology Pvt Ltd)
- 2004 to 2010
- Professional Multimedia Director. Brainvisa Elearning Pune
- Since 2014 I have been working as a professional artist and art teacher in my own studio. "Meraki Art Studio."
- 2001 to 2003 - APTECH Learning - Work as a Graphic Designer
- 1998 - CCTECH Learning - Work as a Graphic artist
- 1995 to 1997
- Professional Animator, CCTECH CO, Pune
- Professional Animator artist. Saransh co. Pune
- Professional Illustrator for Kotwal Comic co.
- 2011 : Sathe Gallery
- 2010 : Brinvisa, Pune
- 2006 : Shaniya Gallery, Pune
- 2019 : Taj Hotel Mumbai 'EUNOIA' Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- 2019 : World Trade Centre 'ARRIVAL ART FAIR' Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- 2018 : CAF Germany
- 2011 : Dr. Diwakar Dengle Art Gallery, 'NIGAR' Pune, Maharashtra, India
- 2010 : Ishanya Gallery, 'RAGA' Pune, Maharashtra, India
- 2009 : Ishanya Gallery, 'RAGA' Pune, Maharashtra, India
2002 to 2009 : Various Group shows in Pune and Mumbai
- 2017-2018-2019: Selected thrice for the international art women’s magazine, Mumbai.
- 2008 : Best Illustrator, Brainvisa E-Learning co. Pune
- 1997 : Best Animator, CCTECH E-Learning co. Pune
- 1996: Awarded the J.K.Vani award, Canada.
- 1996-2006-2011 : Awarded as a best Animator, Illustrator
- 1994 : Best illustrator, Saransh Art Studio, Pune
- 1993 - 2012 : Number of cash awards in addition to state
- 2016-2020 : Art camps and Art workshops – Meraki Art Studio - Mumbai
- 2013 : Prepared 21 portraits of PARAM VIR CHAKRA awardees for Indian Army
- 2010 : Calendar for Emirates Airline
- 2010 : Kathak based project(painting) on "KASTURBA GANDHI" Poem
- 2009 : Portraits (who declared Param Vir Chakra) for Indian Army MHOW
- 1990 : Illustration project on CRY (Child relief and you)
- 1990 to 2001 : Various book covers on freedom fighter
- 1990 : Painting on "ITIHASACHARYA ACHARYA RAJWADE"
- 1986 : Paintings are also a collection of Bharat Jodo Andolan by Baba Amte
Written articles on art and culture in various newspaper and magazines
- Since 2014,Various art workshops for kids in Mumbai.
- 2005 : Invited ART - PUNE University
- 2005 : national Art Camp 2005 organised by brainvisa
- 2001 : Invited for camp organized by rotary club of pune
- Invited for (on the spot painting) a wall made jointly of 108 works artist displayed as a peace wall at pune.
Affiliation and Membership
- 2018 : Coffee Table Art Group
- 2017 : Startist Artist Group
- 2017 : W & Art International Group
- 2016 : Womens Indian Magazine