Manu Parekh, a modern artist born in Ahmedabad in 1939 in Gujarat. He got the Diploma in Drawing and Painting from Sir J. J. School of art, Bombay, in 1962. Manu started as a stage actor in Bombay and designed stage-sets in Ahmedabad. Till 1974 he worked as a Design Consultant at the Handicraft and Handloom Export Corporation of India, New Delhi. He has done several exhibitions in India and Abroad. His works were presented at the auctions of Sotheby's, Bombay (1989) Andasprey (U. K.) in 1991.
As an art designer and consultant for Indian handicrafts he travelled in France, Italy, Belgium, Holland and Germany in 1976, and took an exhibition of Indian handicrafts to Mongolia and went on a cultural tour in the USSR in 1980. In 1982 he attended an artists' workshop with seven German artists in Brunswig in 1982, and toured Italy, and visited London in the same year as a participant in the exhibition of Contemporary Indian Art, Festival of India, in 1982. He was the Commissioner for the Exhibition of Madhubani Painting in Italy, and in Denmark and visited Stockholm as the Commissioner for the exhibition of Contemporary Indian Painting, Festival of India, in 1987.
He won President of India's Silver Plaque and cash award for best painting of the year from the All India Fine Arts and Crafts Society, New Delhi
His works are in many private collections in India and abroad.
- 1962 : Diploma in Drawing & Painting at Sir J. J. School of Art, Mumbai
- 1951 : Studied under guidance of Mukund Shroff, Ahemadabad
- 2004 : Vadehra Art Gallery, New Delhi
- 2003 : Jehangir Art Gallery
- 2003 : Tao Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 1997 : ARKS Gallery, London
- 1996 : BosePacia Modern, New York
Group Shows :
- 2004 : Nature Morte, New Delhi
- 2004 : Rituals at Gallery Sumukha, Bangalore
- 2001 : Eight Artists from Bengal, Indian Embassy, Berlin
- 2001 : Works on Paper, Bose Pacia Modern, New York
- 2000 : Gallery Espace, Dubai
- 1992 : Padma Shree by the Government of India
- 1991 : Birla Academy of Art and Culture, Calcutta
- 1982 : National Award, Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi
- 1974 : All India Fine Arts and Crafts Society Award, Mew Delhi
- 1972 : President of India's Silver Plaque, All India Fine Arts and Crafts Society Award, New Delhi
- 1971 : Birla Academy of Art and Culture, Calcutta
- Many private collections in India and Abroad