Born in Calcutta, Milon took his diploma from the Government College of Art & Craft in the city of joy. He passed his Intermediate Arts with Special Bengali from the Calcutta University Currently based in Mumbai. Milon has traveled widely during the 60's and the 70's through the Himalayas and Europe through Italy, France, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Sweden and England.
In 1972 he painted and held his first successful exhibition in Paris, the city of Art. He work with the Times of India, Mumbai, for two decades as Artist / Illustrator. During 1976 - 78 Milon traveled through Kuwait, Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore, and that's when the Indo - German Society bestowed on him the Prof. Langhammer "PAINTER OF THE YEAR AWARD". In 1980, the Government of Jammu & Kashmir invited him to participate in an "All Artist Camp" in Kashmir.
Milon's creative talent extends to the literary sphere as well. Premier Bengali literary magazines have published many of his short stories, some of which have been translated into Hindi and English for the Illustrated weekly of India, Dharmayug, Mirror, and the Indian Express. Select stories have been translated into Russian, Oriya Malayalam, Kannada Telegu and Urdu as well. The University of kerala has Included one of his short stories in its syllabus.More than a dozen original novels in Bengali too feature in his list of literary achievements.
Milon was invited to work and exhibit his paintings by Intex Gallery,Milon painted Indian themes in Dubai for Intex Universal Gallery in 1998. During 2001 he traveled through Australia and painted his own "fantasy : Indian Mythology" on invitation by Norton Gallery, Sydney.
- 2012, 2008, 2005, 1999, 1997, 1995, 1993, 1988, 1973 : Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 2003 : Indiaart Gallery, Pune
- 2001 : Norton Gallery, Sydney
- 2001 : Cymroza Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 2000 : Chitrakoot Art Gallery
- 1999, 1991, 1989, 1987, 1985, 1982, 1973, 1971, 1970 : Taj Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 1998 : Intex Universal, Dubai
- 1994, 1989, 1962 : Academy of Fine Arts
- 1988, 1985 : Bajaj Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 1987 : Alliance Francais de Bangalore, Bangalore
- 1978 : Indo German Society, Mumbai
- 1972 : Gallery Transposition, Paris
- 1997 : The Times of India, Mumbai
- 1996 : Unit Trust of India, Kolkata
- Major Corporate Houses of India.
- Private collection in many cities of the world.
- Bombay Art Society, Artist's Center, Bombay.