Suhas Bahulkar did his G. D. Art from Sir J. J. School of Art (1975) and worked as a lecturer there till 1995.
His prolific work includes portraits, paintings and murals. He was commissioned to paint number of portraits which now adorn the walls of many prestigious organizations.
He has a strong sense of social responsibility and sees the artist playing an important role in art activities related to society.
He has endeavored to nurture and lead teams for designing and executing large projects.
His stunning work, which was done over a period of five years, uses a wide range of mediums like paintings, reliefs, sculptures, ceramic murals and dioramas.
At present he is working on National Museum of Revolutionaries at Savarkar Smarak, Mumbai, depicting the India's freedom struggle from 1750 to 1947.
- 1975 : G. D. Art from Sir J. J. School of Art, Mumbai
- His work has been widely recognized and he has had over a dozen solo exhibition and participated in numerous group exhibition in major international and domestic art centers like London, Paris, New York, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Delhi etc.
- Royal Drawing Society
- Bombay Art Society
- Maharashtra State Art Exhibition
- He was awarded a fellowship & won several scholarships and awards.
- Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Reserve Bank of India
- High Court in Mumbai
- Legislative Council building in Mumbai and Nagpur
- A number of his works also find a place of pride in museums, corporate and private collections.
- His murals at the Raja Kelkar Museum - Pune, Nehru Centre and Savarkar Smarak - Mumbai have garnered a lot of appreciation.