Artist Statement :
My interest in art developed in my childhood as I grew up seeing beautiful paintings by my grandmother. This early enthusiasm has now become the driving force, which makes me create through painting.
Inspiration for me comes from my immediate and perceived environment. Living close to Rajasthan in India, I am inspired by the vastness of the desert, it’s colour, the architecture and the culture of it’s people. I love to paint it’s palaces, havelis and pillars which are getting eroded by the passage of time.
I also love to paint the human figure especially of women, deep in thought, synthesizing some detail of the architecture in the background.
My passion for art and ancient architecture takes me to different cultures to see their diverse and rich art forms. As I paint the forgotten temples, churches and homes, I wonder about the young craftsmen who labored at making these beautiful monuments. My paintings of these ruins are homage to their excellent design concepts and work.
These soulful old places, forged out of stone and wood, inspire my spirit and I am driven to capture them on canvas.
Work Experience and other Highlights :
Shuchi's painting ‘Shade of the Cardamom’ is on cover of a French publication - Contes et Legends d’ Asie - Contes d’une Grand Mere Indienne.
She has also contributed the image of her painting ‘Godhuli’ as cover of Andrea Sirotti’s compilation of contemporary Indian poetesses titled L'INDIA DEL ANIMA. Life of an Indian poetess.
Shuchi was the only Indian painter to represent Indian contemporary Art at the Invitational Asia International Art Exhibition held in memory of the 2000 Busan Asian Games. Asian Spirit Exhibition - Nationality and tradition. Organized by the Korean Fine Arts Association.
She has worked on various interior design projects in association with the Chief Architect of the Brazilian Embassy at Delhi.
Glass murals for the residences of Mr. Singhania, Chairman LML Industries, India. She has painted series of portraits for Madam Shahnaz Hussain of the Shahnaz herbal fame.
Shuchi has worked with different art forms and media. She specializes in the oil painting technique and the wash painting technique of the Bengal school of Arts. She also is an exponent of the ethnic art form ‘Lepan’- murals. Lepan is a rural wall work from the desert state of Rajasthan. She executes exquisite Lepan murals on board with durable material and brings this rural Indian art form to modern interiors of homes, hotels and business centers around the globe.
Shuchi has also been teaching traditional Indian art techniques for over two decades from her studio at Delhi. She has also been giving work shops of the same to Indian communities settled in different parts of the world.
Her paintings are in the collection of National and International public and private Art Collectors.
- Joined Delhi College of Fine Arts, Alliance Francaise, Calcutta
- Paintings sent to Chile and Nigeria through academic board, Delhi Public School
- Higher Secondary, Delhi Public School-Mathura Road, New Delhi
- 2015 :
Exhibition India - At France - At Espace Saint Nazaire et Mediatheque, at Sanary Sur Mer - south of France. 3rd to 31st October 2015. Exhibition Inaugurated by Ferdinand Bernhard - Mayor of Sanary Sur Mer and President of the Agglomeration Sud community. Advisor to the Department of Var.
- 2015 : Exhibition at Cabinet Secretrait - Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi. 15th March to 14th April -2015.
- 2015 : Donated painting for an Art Auction at Dubai. Artists for the Kids Of Syria. Charity Auction under the patronage of H.E. Dr. zaki Nusseibh.
- 2015 : Conducted a workshop of ‘Lepan’ for students of 29 colleges at a Festival at Gateway College Of Architecture and Design at Sonipat.
- 2014 : Indian Woman Power Awards - For Distinguished and Outstanding Individual Contribution Towards Building the Nation. Fine Arts - Painting.
- 2014 :
Awarded by Seemapuri Times - National News Magazine. 29th Jan - 2014.
- 2014 : Solo Art Exhibition - 24th November -7th December at CSOI, Civil Services Officers Institute- Vinay Marg Chanakya Puri,New Delhi. Exhibition inaugurated by Dr. Kalyan Kumar Chakravarty - Chairman Lalit Kala Akademi, National Academy of Art India.
- 2013 : Giving voluntary Art and English Classes to under privileged children and staff at Nai Disha India.org at New Delhi.
- 2013 :
The American TESOL Institute :Obtained the American Certificate of Teaching English to Students of Other Languages.
Taught English and Art at Phuket Polytechnic College. Thailand - July 2013.
- 2012 : FEMPOWERMENT India Award For Outstanding Achievement - Fine Arts
- 2012 :
Awarded by Reliance India and Lions International. Organized by Molecule Communications.
- 2012 :
Exhibited at Lalit Kala Akademi New Delhi at an International Art Contest and exhibition ‘Confluence 12’ Organized by Gallery Art Eterne.
- 2012 :
Exhibited at The Cow Festival - Group Show at Iskon Temple, New Delhi and at Square One Mall Saket. Inaugurated by Mrs. Menka Gandhi. Organized by Kalpavriksha Projects India.
- 2012 :
Exhibited in a group show ‘JISM’ at AIFACS – All India Fine Arts and Crafts Society India. The same show to be
held at Open Palm Court India Habitat Centre October 2012.
- 2009 : Solo Art Exhibition 'VYOMINI' at Visual Art Gallery.
- 2009 : India Habitat Centre. 8th August 2009. Exhibition inaugurated by Ambassador of Mongolia to India H.E. Mr. Vorshilov Enkhbold.
- 2009 : Exhibited at exhibition Kaleidoscope, Open palm court, 20th July, 2009.
- 2006 : Exhibited digital art at the Kala Ghoda Art Festival organized by The Arts Trust Mumbai.
- 2006 : Exhibited in a group show ‘joie de vivre’ organized by gallery ‘Collectors Stop’ at Delhi.
- 2005 : Donated painting ‘Friends play together’ for the ‘Dil Se’ Golf tournament played between India and Pakistan in Lahore. This painting was auctioned for the Pakistan’s Prime Minister’s relief fund and the proceeds were donated for the earth quake victims in Kashmir - both Indian as well as Pakistan - occupied one.
- 2005 : Exhibition of paintings at the Taj group of hotels at Banglore, Pune and Hyderabad organized by Habiart gallery. Group show.
- 2004 : Designing and implementation of murals for art galleries at Singapore and for residences at Austria and Malaysia.
- 2002 : Solo Art Exhibition at Lalit Kala Academy. National Academy of Art [India] Exhibition telecast on the National Television of India.
- 2002 : Exhibited at the Invitational Asia International Art Exhibition, in memory of the 2002 Busan Asian Games. Asian Spirit Exhibition Organised by the Korean Fine Art Association at Korea. Theme of the exhibition being Nationality and Tradition.
- 2001 : World Opening of Virtual Art Exhibition-Solo-Millennium Art Gallery [Vancouver Canada]
- 2000 : World Opening of Virtual Art Exhibition-Solo-Millennium Art Gallery Vancouver Canada.
- 2000 : Exhibition at Gallery Art Folio Singapore.
- 1999 : Exhibition of Paintings at Gallery ART JUNCTION, hotel Inter-Continental New Delhi.
- 2012 : Empowerment India Award, for outstanding achievement in Fine Arts - painting.
Books Published and pending publications about her work :
- Asian Spirit-Nationality and Tradition (Korea)
- Artists of the Twentieth Century (U.S.A.)