Satish Pimple is a Senior Artist from Maharashtra who has been painting & working in the field of Visual Art for nearly 40 years. He has received several prestigious Awards and honours including the prestigious ‘State Award’ by the Government of Maharashtra.
His Art has been appreciated in several other countries & has reached to the USA, UK, Europe, Australia, UAE etc. His key clients include Government & Semi Government bodies, Private Corporate International Companies, Banks, Institutes & several eminent Indian personalities including Artists & Actors. He has exhibited his art at prestigious galleries including at Jehangir, Bajaj, & Artists Centre at Kala Ghoda, Mumbai.
Satish Pimple has been painting for nearly 40 years and his vast experience is evident in his ability to handle the canvas in an immensely captivating way. He manages to dive deep inside unfathomable inner mind where he reads imprints of emotions, memories, reactions and self-realization. His paintings are hence primarily abstract & sometimes semi abstract which portray a powerful & intense drama of on canvas.
The abstract forms interact with each other in a harmony in his paintings. His bold patches & blobs of colours interweave and blur into each other to a varying degree and create a great sense of depth. He prolifically handles oil & acrylic making almost tangible textural patterns. One experiences a great amount of motion & force in his compositions taking you on this visual journey and at one point they become object of pure perceptual experience. The visuals of the artist are like palimpsests, unfolding many truths about birth, life, death and enlightenment, creating spiritual manifestation.
- 2015 : Open Air Theatre, Akola
- 2014 : Vidarbha Sahitya Sangh, Nagpur
- 2013 : Trimurti Kala Dalan, Akola
- 2012 : Thane Kala Bhavan, Mumbai
- 2011 : Artist Centre, Mumbai
- 2005 : Bajaj Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 2003 : Bakliwal School, Washim
- 2002 : 'Shrishti' Art Gallery, Hotel Rama International, Aurangabad
- 1998 : Pramila tai Oak Hall, Akola
- 1998 : Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 1997, 1995 : ‘Shrishti’ Art Gallery, Hotel Rama International, Aurangabad
- 1991 : Gandhi Jawahar Baugh, Akola
- 1991 : Jijau Community Hall, Akola
- 1991 : Bajaj Art Gallery,Mumbai
- 1975 : Government Primary School, Barshi
- 1974 : Bokadiya Hanuman Colony, Aurangabad
Group Shows :
- 2016 : Indiaart Gallery, Pune
- 1974 : Y.M.C.A Hall, Nagpur
- 1972 : Bal Gandharva Art Gallery, Pune
- 2011 : 'The Spiritual', Chitraspandan, Mumbai
- 2010 : Artist Centre, Kalaghoda, Mumbai
- 1992 : State Art Exhibition, Mumbai
Key Painting & Portrait Demonstrations :
- 2005 : Mr. Mangesh Tendulkar, Pune
- 2003 : Portrait of renowned international Artist Ambas, Kalidas Kala Dalan, Akola
- 2002 : Vibhagiya Kaladhyapak Sangh, Akola
- 2000 : Yakshayatan Art Festival, Ajanta
- 1999 : Portrait demonstration at Shubhroy Art Gallery, Solapur
- 1999 : Abhinav Kala Mahavidyalaya, Pune
- 1992 : Government School of Art, Aurangabad
- 1995 : Kaladhyapak Sangh, Akola
Key Awards :
- 2003 : Lokmat Bharari Award
- 1997 : 'Art and Vocational Excellence Award' by Rotary Club, Eastern Maharashtra
- 1995 : Kapoor Prize for Portrait, Nasik
- 1992 : State Award for Panting ‘Cave’ by Government of Maharashtra, India
- 1984 : On the spot Portrait Competition - Arun Bharat, Akola
- 1972 : On the spot Portrait competition - Nasik Kala Niketan School of Art, Nasik
Key Clients & Collections :
- Mr. Sammy Lalji, Vancouver, Canada
- Mr. Rolf Eden, Pully, Switzerland
- Dr. Sukhtankar, London, UK
- Eva Yogesh Agrawal, USA
- Dr. Anil Kulkarni, Muscat, UAE
- Mr. Satyen Kabra, London, UK
- Dr. Robert Aylett, Vice-Chancellor, London Metropolitan University, Cambridge, UK
- Elaben Gandhi (Grand daughter of Mahatma Gandhi) Gandhi Development Trust, Durban, South Africa
- Office of the London Metropolitan University, New Delhi, India
- Head Office of TATA Realty & Infrastructure Ltd., Fort, Mumbai
- TATA Mercedes Benz Office, Mumbai
- Deutsche Bank Head Office, Mumbai
- Aditya Birla Group, Mumbai
- Dr. Vijay Bhatkar, Pune
- Mr. Sunil Dutt, Mumbai
- Mr. Anup Jalota, Mumbai
- Mr. Sanjay Ubale, M.D. & C.E.O., TATA Realty, Mumbai
- Mr. Tareq Abu-Sukheila, M.D., Gensler Architects, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
- District Collector Office, Akola
Publication & Media
- Coverage on T.V. Channel ABP Majha about the Mumbai Exhibition, March 2011
- Interview on Radio Channels & Akashwani several times
- Art reviews about his paintings & Exhibitions in leading National & Regional Daily including
- Times of India, The Indian Express, The Independent, The Hindu, The Sunday Mail, Sakal, LOKMAT, Maharashtra Times etc.
Social contribution highlights
- Founded Akola Art Academy to promote Art at a grass root level in Maharashtra, India. As a founder President, Satish Pimple has been organizing various participatory Art activities such as Art exhibitions, seminars & workshops, demonstrations and painting competitions for the children as well as for community since last 40 years. He has encouraged learning, sharing & enjoying every form of visual Art and has managed to create a great appreciation for Art in the region. He has been running an Art column in a local daily.
- Played a key role in organizing ‘Akola Mahotsava’, a regional level Art festival that brought hundreds of artist & the community at one platform. He was heading the for visual Arts section that included Art installations, mural making, painting exhibitions, seminars & workshops. The Art fest was a huge success & the State Government of Maharashtra appreciated & supported it.
- Had organized painting exhibition of local talented Artist’s to raise the funds for Kargil War. Remarkable funds were collected which was appreciated by the local authorities.
- He painted in a series of painting demonstrations to raise funds for earth quake rehabilitation in Maharashtra, India.
- In collaboration with The Janata Commercial Bank, a leading bank in Vidarbha, Satish Pimple has been organizing Annual Painting Competition for all age groups since last 15 years. It has now become an extremely popular Art event and has been receiving an overwhelming response every year.
- He served as a Chairperson of the Association for the Welfare of Physically Disabled where he contributed significantly to improve the situation of such people. In association with The Rotary & The Local Medical Association, he organized free medical check-up & treatments, artificial limbs & tricycle distribution camps and several activities, Art events to encourage disabled section of the society.