See the video of senior artist Suhas Bahulkar do a painting demonstration on the occasion of Artfest organised by Indiaart Gallery, Pune.
Profile of Suhas Bahulkar
Suhas Bahulkar completed his G. D. Art from Sir J. J. School of Art in 1975. He worked there as a lecturer till 1995. His prolific work includes portraits, paintings and murals. Suhas was commissioned to paint a number of portraits which now adorn the walls of many prestigious homes and organisations. He carries a strong sense of social responsibility. He believes that an artist needs to play an important role in promoting art for social causes.
He has endeavoured to nurture and lead teams for designing and executing large projects. His stunning work, which was done over a period of five years, uses a wide range of mediums like paintings, reliefs, sculptures, ceramic murals and dioramas. He has worked on the National Museum of Revolutionaries at Savarkar Smarak, Mumbai, depicting India's freedom struggle from 1750 to 1947.
His work has been widely recognized and he has had over a dozen solo exhibitions and participated in numerous group exhibitions in major international and domestic art centers like London, Paris, New York, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Delhi etc.
- Royal Drawing Society, London
- Bombay Art Society
- Maharashtra State Art Exhibition
- He was awarded a fellowship & won several scholarships and awards.
- Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Reserve Bank of India
- High Court in Mumbai
- Legislative Council building in Mumbai and Nagpur
- A number of his works also find a place of pride in museums, corporate and private collections.
- His murals at the Raja Kelkar Museum - Pune, Nehru Centre and Savarkar Smarak - Mumbai have garnered a lot of appreciation.