Artist Statement :
Art does not reproduce the visible; rather, it makes visible- Paul Klee. Being associated with patient care I realized that art for me is a means to visualize your inner world which heals your outer world. I find myself associated with art since my childhood when my mother use to make mandhna and rangoli on floor. I learned to make figures on floor. The area of my education makes me familiar with the human figures and statistics. In my college day I worked as an artist for a book named Goels Physiotherapy. I always had an attraction towards the traditional artforms like, mandhna, madhubani/ Mithila arts, tribal arts and warli arts. I also believe in doing experiments with these art-forms artwork in order to create a sense of novelty in each artwork, and also to propagate the traditional art-forms. I have always appreciated the work of Bharti Dayal in Madhubani/ Mithila arts. The unique work of Pablo Picasso and George Braque in cubism and Sarvador Dali in surrealism have created a zeal to intuitiveness of an imaginative brain of mine. The artworks of the great artists Paul Klee, Abanindranath Tagore, Shri Ram Kumar, S H Raza, have always worked as an inspiration to create a different language of self. With the use of vibrant colors and traditional motifs which acts as additive I always try to create an artwork full of life. However, working for propagation of Madhubani art by contemporizing it with the use of modern media, some of my artwork speaks the language of abstract which tries to establish a different level of communication between the art and its viewers. I hope that the viewers would shower me with their love and blessings.
Area of expertise :
- Madhubani Art, Mithila Art, Tribal Art, Watercolor, Landscapes, Abstract Paintings
Present Work Profile :
- Presently I am working as a Physiotherapist at Bhopal Memorial Hospital and Research Centre, which is a central government Institute under Govt of India. I am a poet and recently published a poetry book titled Ahsaas under the banner of NPPL, Varanasi. I write regular column in a national newspaper Buland Prajatantra, Delhi.
- My paintings were selected as mementoes for speakers in International Yoga Day at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhopal celebrated on 21 June 2018.
- Artwork has found place in the esteemed Office of Medical Superintendent, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhopal.
- Participated as judge for the poster competition held on International Yoga Day at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhopal celebrated on 21 June 2018.
Blog posts related to Nehal Shah :