You are here Artists Sandhya Ketkar
Sandhya Ketkar - artist and art teacher
Sandhya Ketkar, a senior artist and art teacher, taught art and painting at SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai. She loves to paint heritage themes.
Mrs. Sandhya S.Ketkar
Retired - In charge & Lecturer of Drawing & Painting Department
SNDT Women's University, Mumbai
- 1971-1977 : S.N.D.T. Women’s University Mumbai
- B.A. Art & Painting- Stood First in Art & Painting subject
- M.A .First class, Stood First in Art & Painting subject
- Diploma in Textile Design from Rachana Sansad, Mumbai 1978
- Passed the NET exam - Drawing & Painting held by U.G.C 1999
- Principal’s Prize—1975 for securing the highest marks in Art & Painting at B.A Examination.
- Chancellor’s Prize—1977 for securing highest marks in Art & Painting at M.A Examination.
- Second Prize at the Ganesh Darshan exhibition held by Bombay Municipal Corporation for the Centenary celebrations in 1992.
- 1991 : Bajaj Art Gallery, Mumbai
Held first solo exhibition of Murals which was well appreciated
- 1992 : Balgandharv Kala Dalan, Pune
First solo exhibition in Pune
- 1993 : Ravindra Art Gallery, Pune
Second solo exhibition in Pune
- 2002 : Indian Artist’s Network at WTC, Jakarta, Indonesia
Participated in Group show
- 2010 : Reflection, An Exhibition of Painting, at Kala Ghoda Associate, Army & Navy Bldg, Mumbai Participated in Group Show
- 2018 : Solo Exhibition of paintings ‘@Gates’ at Hirji Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai. 16th to 21St January
Participated in exhibitions conducted by
- Art Society of India
- Bombay Art Society
- Artists Center
- S.N.D.T. University’s Library at Mumbai
- Kamgar Nagar Mandir, Kurla, Mumbai
- And many private collections
- 1989 - 1992
Worked as Lecturer in S.N.D.T. College of Art & Commerce in Art & Painting Department at Churchgate, Mumbai in Jr. College.
- 1997 - 1998
Worked as Lecturer in S.N.D.T. College of Art & Commerce in Art & Painting Department at Churchgate, Mumbai in Sr.Collage.
- 1999 onwards
Working as Lecturer in Art & Painting at the Post Graduate Studies & Research Department of S.N.D.T.Women’s University, Mumbai
- 2004 - October 2015
Working as Department In Charge of Art & Painting at Post Graduate Studies & Research Department of S.N.D.T.Women’s University, Mumbai.
- Chairman of Board of studies during 2004-05. Contributed in Preparation of B.V.A. Syllabus
- Prepared M.V.A. Syllabus for up gradation of existing M.A. course
- Designed Brochure for “Avishkar 2007-08” Inter university research festival
- Designed Brochure for International conference on “Economic Development And Competitiveness- Canada and India”
- Paper setter and examiner for M.A. examination from 2005
- Committee Member of Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education for Preparing Syllabus for Diploma in Painting
- Paschatya Kalecha Itihas – 2014 August – ISBN 978-81-7925-394-6
- Bharatiya Kalecha Itihas - 2015 August – ISBN 978-81-7925-428-8
- The History of Indian Arts - 2016 August – ISBN 978-81-7925-475-2
- The History of Western Art – 2017 August – ISBN 978-81-7925 -523-0
- All the books published by Jyotsna Prakashan , Pune
Place & Date of Birth
27 October, 1955 at Mumba