A medical microbiologist by profession, Dr. Nirmal Pathare has always had an ardent passion in fine arts, especially drawing, painting, and sculpting.
Journey as an artist
She started working with charcoal and watercolour at a young age. However, her penchant for the abstract and eagerness to experiment led her towards oil colours, a medium she extensively has been working in the recent years.
Her paintings present vivid exploration of light, its interaction with colours and articulate emotions on the canvases. Studying sentiments of living beings and the ability to metamorphose them visually is what makes her paintings both unique and intriguing. She has dedicated her time to be a full-time artist for the past five years.
M.Sc., PhD. (Medical Microbiology). Emeritus Professor of Microbiology
Exhibitions and Accomplishments:
- ‘Charcoal Sketches’ [Faces of Oman] selected for exhibition held in Cultural & Traditional Center in SQU.2013
- Donated ‘Charcoal Sketches’ for Dar-Al Atta at exhibition held in Bait Al Zubair in Muscat for “GONU” storm relief fund.
- Held exhibitions at Bait Al Zubair and Al Harthy art galleries during 2007-2014.
- While working in Muscat for 15 years; exhibited at Sultan Qaboos University Fine Arts Society group exhibitions during 2004-2006.
- Won an All-India Competitive prize for ‘Amateur Interior Designing’ sponsored by Johnson Designer Tiles in 1988 for full wall display.
- Won the Maharashtra State Government Award for Excellence in Craftsmanship in Ceramic Sculpturing in 1987.
- Won several prizes at annual art exhibitions as undergraduate and postgraduate college student at R. Ruia College and T. N. Medical College during college education.
- Cultural & Traditional Center, Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat.