Shashikant Bane, a devoted painter belongs to Deorukh, Ratnagiri in Konkan. His childhood memories of the beauty of this region which is known an Parashuram - Bhumi, has created a nostalgia in his mind.
His art-education at Kolhapur and then in Mumbai brought maturity to his love of landscape paintings. The guidance of the master paintings of Kolhapur like Ganpatrao Wadangekar, R. S. Gosavi and Ravindra Mestry enhanced his water colour rendering. The beauty of line and Indian Style figure of Datta Parulekar in Bandra school of Art, Mumbai, added strength to his figurative compositions. His nostalgic memories of Konkan landscape, his tour to Rajasthan and his study of paintings of N. S. Bendre, the famous master colorist resulted into the superb colour - orchestration and the indigenous quality of his paintings. The amalgams of the various experiences and experiments in the technical aspects and the presentation have brought a unique quality in his painting which attracts art - lovers as well as the laymen.
- 1980 : Govt. Diploma in Paintings
- 1980 : Art Master, Maharashtra
- 2000, 1997, 1994, 1992, 1989, 1987, 1985 : Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 1999,1992, 1991,1990, 1980 : Bajaj Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 1999, 1992 : Academy of Fine Arts, Calcutta
- 1993 : Nehru Centre Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 1986 : Venkatappa Art Gallery, Bangalore
Group Shows :
- 2009 : Indiaart Gallery, Pune
- 1999, 1998 : Art Gallery, Mumhai
- 1997 : Nehru Centre
- 1996 : Son - Et - Lumiere Art Gallery
- 1996 : Nangia art Gallery, Nagpur
- 1986 : Bajaj Art Gallery
- 1981 : Jehangir Art Gallery
- Participated in various major Exhibitions, Group Shows and Art activities in India.
- 1999 : Mayor Award, (BMC)
- 1997 : Award from Bombay Art Society
- 1994 : State Art Award
- 1980 : Gold Medal from Bandra School of Art
- 1996 : Kalamela, Calcutta
- Invited for the exhibition on celebration of the 50th Anniversary of India's Independence by Bombay Art Society.
- Working as an Art Teacher in Muncipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai and having his own Art Gallery - Krishnai, at Virar, Dist. Thane, Maharashtra.
- Mrs. Janet Hunt, Australia
- Mrs. Jill Nightingale, U. S. A.
- Mrs. Rita Mathur, Canada
- Mr. K. K. Puri, Canada
- Mr. Robert Horene, U. S. A.
- Mr. Brain Petty, Australia
- Mr. Sushil Jacob Kurien, New York
- Mr. Gilbertu Silveno, Italy
- Mr. Naran Coissoro R. P., Portugal
- Mr. & Mrs. Nariman Irani, England
- Mr. Brian Petty, Australia
- Mr. Ena Pengle, Holland
- Mr. Rovx Jean, France
- Mr. Manoj Todi, Calcutta
- CIDCO, Mumbai
- The Hotel Leela, Mumbai
- Bank of India, Mumbai
- Mr. Anil Ramdassaney, Director - Alka Tissues
- MRF Tyres, Madras
- Mr. Sudhir Diwan, Architect & Interior Designer, Mumbai
- Mr. Gopal Kadav, Maruti Constructions, Mumbai
- State Bank, Panjim, Goa
- Foseco India Ltd., Pune
- Mr. K. Martin, U. S. A.
- Mr. R. Waghmare, Toronto
- Mr. Kiran Gala, Kiran Gala & Associates
- Navneet Prakashan, Mumbai
- The Shipping Corporation of India
- The Hotel Vaishali, Mumbai
- Air India, Mumbai
- Dr. Deepak Desai, Desai Maternity Home, Virar
- Mrs. Ena pengel, Holland
- Mr. Rovx Jean, France
- Mr. Vibhoo kapoor, Mumbai
- Mr. Kapoor Chandaria, Aegis Chemical, Mumbai
- Municipal Corporation of Greater, Mumbai
- Mr. Kalyan Banerjee, United Phosphorus Ltd.
- Mr. Jagdish Chabria, Bangalore
- Mr. P. K. Pople, Oswal Wollen Mills Ltd.
- Mr. D'souza, Bombay Motor & Cycle Agency, Mumbai
- Mr. Navin Shah, Simplex Castings Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai
- Mr. Jafer, Director BHA Exports, Mumbai
- Dr. Moorly, Sanjeevani Hospital, Virar
- Many private collections in India and Abroad.
See videos by Shashikant Bane: