Artist Statement :
Prakash Bal Joshi is a multifaceted personality with four decades in journalism, creative writing and international recognition as an artist. His art is lure , work is spontaneous and brush strokes are full of energy brining the picture alive. It pulls the onlooker into its vortex of vibrancy tugging to look into its depth.
He has three books to his credit. "Maitrinichi Goshta" (story of a friend), a collection of short stories, “Gateway" explores complexities and contradictions of urban living in Mumbai, accompanied by sketches. The award winning book of short stories “Prakash Bal Joshi yanchya Katha “ is a trend setter being translated in French, English, Hindi Gujarati, and Malayalam.
During last decade and half, he held several solo and group shows of his paintings - oil on canvas in India as well as abroad. He received good response in Chicago, Las Vegas and Minneapolis in USA, Basel, (Switzerland), Venice in Italy, Lisbon (Portugal), Norway, Osijek, Croatia, Yekaterinburg in USSR and other centres in Europe, Izmir in Turkey, and Thimphu in Bhutan, Seoul in South Korea for his spontaneous work.
He was appointed jury for an international art competition held at Belgravia art gallery, London, and Kokuyo-Camlin art competitions held in India.
His art works have been included in the permanent collections by South Nevada Museum of Fine Art, Las Vegas , Yekaterinburg Gallery of Modern Art, Russia, Priyadarshini Park Foundation, Mumbai, Seba Art Gallery, Izmir, Turkey, Colorida Art Gallery, Lisbon, Portugal, Minneapolis university, USA, Galerija Vernissage, Osijek Croatia. His works have been appreciated by corporates and individual art connoisseurs.
His art installation – Gods Particle – in India Art Festival, Mumbai 2012 received international appreciation as scientists related with the scientific experiment got Nobel Prize in 2013.
Selected participation by artist Prakash Bal Joshi :
- ArtExpo New York 2019 : Curation n participation.
- Amalgamation :group show Kumaraswamy Hall Museum Mumbai 2019.
- Vaishvik Kala Gallery Pune group show of large size art works 2019.
- India Art Festival Mumbai 2019.
- New Delhi : India Art Festival 2018.
- Singapore : Affordable Art Fair 2018.
- Mumbai Art Fair 2018 : participation with work related with Artificial Intelligence theme.
- USSR : Group show : Yekaterinburg Gallery of Modern Art , USSR 2018 . The gallery selected PBJ art work for inclusion in their permanent collection of art works.
- INDIA ART FAIR : MUMBAI 2018
- Singapore : Affordable Art Fair, 2017.
- Venice : Solo show of paintings “beyond blue” 2017.
- India Art Festival : New Delhi 2017.
- India Art festival : 2016 Nehru Centre Mumbai.
- Lalit Kala Academy : New Delhi solo show 2016.
- Bressuire , France – Two-month exhibition of 22 art works in
- Asiamania art event , Indian Pavilion Seoul, South Korea –
- Upavan Festival ,Thane – April 2015.
- India Art Festival 2014 Mumbai – exhibited oil on canvas art works.
- Khajuraho Festival – art event participation 2014.
- Arterie Fine Arts : Chicago ,USA, group show 2014.
- India Arts Festival 2013 – Nehru Center, Mumbai. installation n paintings.
- Artgate ,Mumbai 2013 : Participation in inaugural show of a new gallery
- Brush Strokes Art Gallery ,Pune 2013 : Participation in inaugural show of the new gallery
- Thimphu Bhutan : July 2013. participated in group show at Nehru Wangchuck Cultural Centre
- Izmir Biennial, Turkey, 2013 painting selected out of 2500 global entries.
- Kala Ghoda Arts Festival Mumbai 2013 art installation – Coal Block.
- India Art Festival 2012 Mumbai – Installation – "God Particle" / showcasing latest work on canvas.
- Art Basel, Switzerland - 2012 (biggest art festival in Europe)
Exhibition of work on canvas.
- Participation in Whasup – art festival at Lokhandwala complex, Andheri, Mumbai. Art installation Mumbai Facebook 2012 depicting how people living in metropolis like Mumbai become faceless
- Participation in Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2012, Mumbai – hanging installation of a HandCart as a symbol of human endeavor.
- Nibiru will also pass – an exhibition of paintings at Art Buy Appointment Gallery at
Juhu, Mumbai. 2012
- Participation in India Art Festival -2011, Nehru Centre in Mumbai.
- Worlds within World – Bajaj Art Gallery 2011 exhibition presented by
Mumbai Art Kollective (MARK.)
- Solo show hosted by Leela Kempinski, Bangalore in June 2011 on the occasion of the International Environment Day. Launched by grand daughter of Mahatma Gandhi Sumitra Gandhi Kulkarni.
- Solo show of PBJ art work at Colorida Art Gallery, Lisbon, Portugal for one month – November 2010.
- Pune Artfest 2010 organized by the Indiaart Gallery at Empress Garden Pune to observe World Environment Day. Live demonstration for group of amateur artists by Prakash Bal Joshi.
- Las Vegas International Exhibition of select artists February 2010 at the Southern Nevada Museum of Fine Art. The museum authorities decided to include PBJ's art work in permanent collection.
- A group of authors, photographers and artists undertake to record life in Dharavi- the biggest slum in Asia in central Mumbai. The slum will be demolished to make way for high-rise towers. PBJ participates in the Dharavi documentation project 2010.
- PBJ's art work exhibited at the Kala ghoda festival Mumbai - 2010.
- Art work selected for IV Biennial of Coruche, Portugal - 2009.
- Online exhibition World Water Day 2009
recorded on the UN website along with important events of the Day.
- Two-week solo exhibition "subtle changes" at the Indiaart gallery Pune 2009.
- Art auction in Norway for Children of Malavai
Auction conducted by noted curator Erik Thorstvedt Norway - 2009.
- Women & Water Rights: Rivers of Regeneration
Minneapolis University, USA 2008.
- Participation in the international group show organized by
Galerija Vernissage, Osijek, Croatia - 2009.
- Artist Center members group show - 2009.
- "Subtle Changes" solo exhibition of art work depicting impact of climatic changes on environment as well as human behaviour. Exhibition Kitab mahal was launched by artist Nawaz Singhania while personal website published by Maharashtra Governor S.C.Jamir 2008.
- Participated in group show Explicit -Implicit
at Bangalore Gallery G - 2008.
- Artist Centre group show 2008.
- Artist Centre group show 2006.
- Gateway exhibition of paintings and sketches launched in Artist Centre, Mumbai, by then Maharashtra CM Vilasrao Deshmukh and Renowned editor Kumar Ketkar - 2006.