Artist Statement :
My paintings explore the reverberating images of the mind with the elements of nature, sometimes along with the signature figurative forms of the pilgrims, all bright and colourful celebrating the very essence of life. I work on multiple textural layers of colours.
- 2009 : Encaustic and the way it works on designs : Lissa Pressman, N. J. Visual Center, USA
- 2009 : Realistic Oil with traditional concepts : Paul Casale, Cranford Art Center, USA
- 2005 : P. G. Diploma in Buddhist studies, from K. G. Somaiya, Mumbai
2004 : Completed a seven years programming in Painting from Bangiya Sangeet Parishad, affiliated to Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata
2001 : Senior Teacher's Training Advanced Level (core subjects: English and History) from B. C. Roy College, Kolkata
- 2000 - 2005 : She have been tutored by Mrs. Bonani Bhowmick.
- 2000 : Pre - Primary Teacher's Training Course from Mahima International Christian School, Navi Mumbai
- 1987 : Graduate in Political Science from Jadavpur University
- 2012 : Colors : New Jersey
- 2011 : Transcending Images, Moghul Lounge, N. J., USA
- 2010 : Chemould Art Gallery, Kolkata
- 2008 : The Academy of Fine Arts, Kolkata followed by Chitrakoot Art Gallery, Kolkata
- 2007 : Suchitrraarts Gallery, Mumbai
- 2007 : Art Desh Studio, Mumbai
- 2006 : Gallery G, Bangalore
- 2005 : Chitrakoot Art Gallery,Kolkata
Group Shows :
- 2015 : Global Art fair Dubai
- 2014 : Colors Dubai : Artland
- 2014 : Celebrating women Day : Art Exhibition : India Art Pune
- 2011 : Colors by Artland, an All India Exhibition of paintings held annually at the Prince of Wales Museum, Mumbai
- 2010 : Renaissance Gallery, Bangalore
- 2010 : Artist Center, Mumbai
- 2009 : Museum Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 2008 : Artland, Dubai
- 2008 : State Art Gallery, Hyderabad
- 2007 : Suchitrrarts Gallery, Mumbai
- 2006 : Art for Concern, Concern India Foundation, Mumbai
- 2005 : India Art Gallery, Pune
- 2005 : Nehru Center, Mumbai
Work Experience :
- Worked with theatre stalwarts like Pandit Satyadev Dubey and Sri. Shayamanand Jalan in Padatik, a well known cultural organization in Kolkata.
- Learnt conceptualizing and designing from Sri. Khaled Chowdhury.
- Designed sets and lights for traditional Indian dance forms, like Kathak choreographed by Pandit Vijay Kumar and Odissi for the late Guru Kelucharan Mahapartra.
- Worked with village artisans from eastern India,especially the Madhubani artists, other tribal arts forms from Bengal and Bihar, who work with natural dyes.
- Worked and designed prints for textiles and scarves with the block printers from Sreerampur, West Bengal.
- Have taught art in various schools like St Mary's High School, (Vashi), Mahima Christian Academy, (Koparkhairane),Wonder kids (Vashi) and Chubby Cheeks (Vashi).
- Worked with an IB School in Navi Mumbai, that was headed by Mr. Pascal Chazot of Mahatma Gandhi Internatiional School in Ahmedabad. (the first IB school in India), but unfortunately the project in Navi Mumbai did not work out.
Workshops & Camps :
- 2012 : Conducted a series of four Art Workshops based on the understanding of abstract forms in paintings, N. J., USA.
- 2010 : International Women's Day, an art camp organized by India art, Pune celebrating the occasion.
- 2008 : Art camp in Hyderabad.
- Ower of Rigya : A learning center in Navi Mumbai.