|Emerging Artists||Emerging Artists Directory|
Are artists different? No, just that every individual is a different kind of artist.
Normally, for most of our lives, nothing magical happens. We need to derive happiness from simple things in our lives. We need to enjoy getting in the morning, going to work, finishing it, coming back home to have a nice meal with family or friends. If we do not enjoy such simple pleasures, then the chances are that we are not going to enjoy the bigger ones as well - like an exotic holiday or great new job.
Therefore, if we base our happiness on simple things like a good breakfast, flowers in the garden, a drink or just a small nap, then chances are that we will live with quite a bit of happiness.
Every day in my life is a pot of many golden moments. I sneak out as many moments as possible, to smell fresh paint, and use them too! These are the only moments when I see with my eyes shut, and these are my moments of happiness.
I also love photography. While I shoot nature in general, I like to focus more on birds. By now I have a collection of almost all major bird species that are found across India. Some day in future, I intend to mix photography and painting into a new form of art.
"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." ~ Albert Einstein
- 1995-1997 : Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (Major - Marketing)
- 1989 - 1993 : B. Tech (Civil Engg.), IIT, Kharagpur
- 1987 - 1989 : XII- ICSE, I.E.M School, Rourkela
- 1977 - 19, 87 : X- ICSE, I.E.M School, Rourkela
- 2011 : Darpan Art Gallery
- 10th - 12th June 2010 : Artfest 2010 Summer - Group Show, Pune
- 28th - 30th May 2010 : Instincts - Solo art exhibition, Mumbai
- 12th - 14th Feb 2010 : Impressions - Solo art exhibition, Mumbai