Artist Statement :
My journey in the world of art was a gradual transition from experiencing various aspects of
life and feeling the need to bring those nuances out in colour and form. Though my formal
journey in the world of art started late, my previous career as a successful HR professional
in the corporate sector gave me the insight into people, relationships, the corporatization of
issues and the underlying need to be in a race. I was more inclined towards the frailties and
subtle sparks of liveliness which exist in human life than in the race in which most wonderful
people are caught. I took to exploring this side of the world.What started off as an
experiment with colours soon became experiment with life and my affair with the corporate
world gave way to the pursuit of world of art and photography. These experiencesare the
root from which my art work stems.
Current Artistic Practice :
My work is a dialogue on textures, movement and form in their core abstraction. The
vibrancy of life comes through whether it is an abstract work or a figurative one.Stretching
the concept of coordination as one explores form and style and also the materiality of art.
The figures and forms often imperfect are intended imperfections that bring them closer to
the perception of reality. Variegated materials, techniques and textures form apt tools to
portray the dualities of life.Industrial scrap and daily use products that have been
abandoned andthose with interesting forms and textures arecurrently my medium.
Recycling, storytelling and expressing views on a topic is my focus area thus contributing to
make this world a little less abused.I also explore reality in portraits of the people, depicting
them as I see them. The personalities and expressions come through in theseworks where
colours to give grounding to those sentiments.My work has evolved in its dimensions in both
medium and style and surface.
Photography complemented art and vice versa. After getting initiated into the basics I
progressed into fine art photography bringing landscapes, macros and abstraction together
in my body of work. Documentary Photography was a result of the pursuit for interacting
with people and seeing the world with their eyes.Currently engaged in a few areas of work;
I have also been experimenting with Photoart where a photo print is superimposed onto a
canvas and then painted at appropriate spaces, craftily bringing together the two passions
of painting and photography and thus resolving the different degrees of representation
within a single frame
Art and photography, together with quest for exploring new mediums and scales, led to art
installations. Along with another artist, I conceptualized and executed art installations for
Delhi Metro’s two prominent stations. The work conceptualized and executed at these
stations has been a form of abstraction executed in metal and paying tribute to the culture,
heritage and people of this city. Painting walls and murals, and executing concept based art
installations are the latest additions to this journey.In all the works I like to explore and
experiment with concepts materials that are part of our everyday life.
- Working under the tutelage of Artist Vasunadhara Tiwari Broota
- Learning Ceramic at Delhi Blue-Sanskriti Kendra at Anandgram from March 2015
- Initial training at the Sangeet Shyamala Academy by Artist Rajesh Sharma
- Attended workshops in Sketching and water Colours with Mark Warner
- Attended basic photography, artificial lighting workshop and a Flash workshop under guidance of
Shailan Parker and Joginder Singh
- Attended Landscape and Macro photography workshops with Shailan Parker and Joginder Singh
by participating in 5 Phototreks to Himachal Pradesh and Laddakh.
- 1997 : Post Graduate Diploma in Management, Institute of Management Development and
- 1994 : Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) from Delhi College of Arts and Commerce, Delhi University
- 2015 : ‘Manahsthiti solo show of paintings, at Open Palm Court, IHC, New Delhi
- 2012 : ‘Samanvay’ solo show of paintings and photoart, at Malaka Spice, Pune
- 2012 : ‘Samanvay’ solo show of paintings and photoart, at Open Palm Court, IHC, New Delhi
- 2010 : ‘Nirantar’ painting and photography solo show at the India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
- 2009 : ‘Jharokha’ solo show [painting] at the Maximum Store, New Delhi
3 Artist Show :
- 2016 : ‘Aprajita’ group show of paintings by Gallery Art Laureate at the India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
- 2013 : ‘Unchained Melody’ group show of paintings and sculpture at the Indian August Gallery, Noida, NCR Delhi
Art Related Experienc :
- 2014 : Wall Art commission for Ceasefire Industries (Ceasefire Industries Ltd, Noida)
- 2014 : Public Art Installation project commission under DMRC for Janpath Metro Stn of the Heritage Line (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation)
- 2013 : Prints of my “Original Art” as an Interior Art project commission for Sri Vinayak Hospital, Bhiwadi (Sri Vinayak Hospital, Bhiwadi)
- 2012 : Art on Products an Interior Art project commission for Vatika Business Center (The Vatika Group)
- 2011 : Private mural and landscape project commission for a retirement village in Melur, Coimbatore (Melur Meadows Alternate Lifestyle Pvt Ltd)
- 2011 : Private mural commission by CPO of Radio Mirchi (Mr. Tapas Sen)
- 2010 : Public Art Installation project commission under DMRC for Central Secretariat Metro Stn of the Heritage Line (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation)
Group Show :
- 2015 : ‘Harvestof Talents’ group show by KK Hebbar Art Foundation at Vismaya Art Gallery, Rangoli Metro Art Centre, Bengaluru
- 2014 : ‘Within Reach -V’ A group show by Gallerie Nvya at Square One Mall, New Delhi
- 2014 : ‘Celebrating Womanhood’ A group show by 24 Women Artists at ‘tilting art gallery’ at Ishanya, Pune
- 2013 : ‘A brand new day-rebuilding uttarakhand, an art exhibition’ group photography show at the Indian August Gallery, Noida, NCR Delhi
- 2012 : ‘Maaya’, a tribute to womanhood, group photography show at Arpana Caur Gallery, Siri Fort Institutional Area, New Delhi
- 2011 : ‘Transitions’ group photography show at the India Habitat Centre, N Delhi
- 2010 : ‘Spiti Rendezvous’, group photography show at the India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
- 2009 : ‘Chandratal Blues: The Himalayas from macro to macro’ group photography show, IndipixGallery, New Delhi
Art Camps & Residencies :
- 2015 : Art in Industry Art Camp, organized by Tata Steel, at Jamshedpur.
- 2015 : KK Hebbar Art Foundation’s 10-day Art Residency at the Norah Art Centre, Andretta, Palampur, Hiamchal Pradesh.
- Conducted the After School Activity Club-Art, for The Shriram School, Moulsari Avenue. Conduct interactive art sessions for children.
Other Details :
- Was a speaker at TEDxknowledgecity, held in BIMTECH Greater Noida on 26th November 2011. The talk can be viewed at http://goo.gl/oLcHK
- Worked at TV Today Group as Senior HR professional for six years. Twelve years experience
in Human Resource Management in Media Industry.