Artist Statement :
I have completed a Bachelors degree in Applied Art from Sir J J School of Art, Mumbai, followed by a Diploma in Cinema from Xavier’s Institute of Communications, Mumbai.
Worked in the creative department of a major international advertising agency and later as a freelance designer.
Lived in Southeast Asia, Europe and Africa over the last 23 years. Conducted Creativity Workshops for students and professionals in Singapore, India and South Africa. Taught art at a school for children with Special Needs as well as Home for the Elderly in Singapore (both as a volunteer). Taught art at an elementary and middle school in South Africa.
I have been learning Chinese Brush Painting for 8 years and have obtained a Certificate in Basic Chinese Painting from NAFA, Singapore (Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts). I have exhibited my works in this style in addition to oils.
Painting for me is a spiritual experience. The beauty and grandeur of nature is a source of unrivalled inspiration. In the glory of nature I find a deep sense of peace and happiness and I believe that nature plays a vital role in our physical and mental wellbeing.
Most of my paintings explore the spectacular stories revealed to us by the natural world, stimulating us to love, nurture and protect nature.
A part of the sale proceeds of my paintings are donated to environmental causes.
- 2016 : Roopbheda, Jabalpur, India
- 2015 : Group show 'Reflections' in Pune, India
- 2015 : World Art Dubai Fair, Dubai, UAE
- 2015 : Art Expo Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 2015 : Sadrishyam, New Delhi, India
- 2015 : Magnum Opus 2015, New Delhi, India
- 2014 : Art Auction at 'Pune's Annual Cancer Benefit Evening', Pune, India. Organised by a Non Profit Organisation, which has been annually raising funds to support needy patients and families to cover their treatment
- Group show 'Art & Fashion @ Leonie Hill', Singapore,
- Works are in private collections in Singapore, India and Australia.