Title: Nation Building - role and importance of taxation
Tax is the main source of revenue for any government which is obliged to provide certain basic amenities and services in terms of infrastructure, roads, railway, airports, defence, telecommunications, health, education and more. Taxation is the foundation on which the economy of a nation is built. For time immemorial, people have been paying taxes so that the needs of the society are met. Income tax department plays a significant role in collecting taxes to provide for the above requirement.
To mark the beginning of the celebrations of 75 years of freedom for India - Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, the Income Tax Department (Principal Chief Commissioner, Income Tax, Pune) is pleased to announce this unique contest for the college students in Maharashtra.
- Who can participate: College and university students (16 to 25 years)
- Submission: 24 x 7 online submission. No entry fee.
- Format: Poster with slogan
- Size: A4 or A3
- Maximum number of entries per participant: 3
- Medium: Any medium of your choice
- Prizes & Recognition:
- (1) 10 cash prizes
- (2) Online exhibition of shortlisted entries
- Contest opens on: 11th August 2021
- Contest closes on: 30th September 2021
Prize winning entries will be declared on 31st October 2021 along with an online exhibition of shortlisted entries
Khula Aasmaan, a platform for creative expression, is assisting in managing this contest.