He taught Art at Delhi College of Art, New Delhi, served as a Professor and Principal of College of Art,
Lucknow and subsequently as the Principal of Kala Bhavana , Santiniketan (1976-78).
He has authored many books such as Age and Image, Nandalal Bos, Blossoms of Light, Okakura Kakuzo, Doodled Fancy etc. He was one among the
founder members of many major Art Organizations – such as Delhi Shilpi Chakra, Triveni Kala Sangam & Arts. He lives and works at Santiniketan.
- 1946 : Studied Fine Arts from Kala Bhavana, Santiniketan
- 1938 : Graduated in Humanities from the university of Bombay
- U. S. A.
- The National Academy Award
- Gagan Abani Purashkar
- West Bengal State Academy of Art
- Lalit Kala Ratna etc.
- He was conferred D. Lit. by Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata